Standard Railcar RM 34 "TAINUI"

PRS Logo No Background.png

Built in 1938, RM 34 is one of six built by the Hutt Workshops between 1938/39.

 

RM 34 was one of two purchased by the Wellington branch of the New Zealand Railway and Locomotive Society (NZR&LS) and based at the Silver Stream Railway along with sister RM 30 "Aotea".

In 2018 the Silver Stream Railway offered RM 34 to the Pahiatua Railcar Society.  In January 2019 the agreement was signed and RM 34 was gifted to the PRS.

On March 13 2019, RM 34 was loaded onto a transporter and in the early hours of March 14, made her way over the Rimutaka Hill Road to Pahiatua.

It is intended that RM 34 will be fully overhauled and eventually join RM 31 in active main line service.

© 2019 by Pahiatua Railcar Society Inc. All Rights Reserved